Seasonings Greetings! I cannot believe it is finally December 1st. It’s starting to get cold in the midwest, and all I am craving is good homestyle comfort food.
This post is a fun twist on your traditional pot pie that you can serve as appetizers or a fun snack. They can be made in advance assembled right before your party guest arrives. These also go well as a snack to eat while watching your favorite Christmas movies.
I have an easy pot pie recipe and pair it with store-bought biscuits. My recipe does not add any additional milk, which differs from most recipes. However, it still has a creamy soup-like consistency without the extra fat and calories.
This bite-sized presentation is also helpful if you want to enjoy some of Winter’s more decadent food but want to watch calories. Two of these will satisfy any craving.
These treats are also kid friendly from preparation to finished product. There is an opportunity to show kids how to use measuring spoons for the spices. Measure everything else in advance and have your kids place all the ingredients in the crockpot. They will be amazed to see the before and after. You can have them help scoop out the bread and put the bites together. This is holiday fun for the entire family.
Vegetarian Modification: If you are vegetarian, you can modify this recipe by omitting the cream of chicken soup and chicken and replacing it with cream of mushroom soup. You may also want to mix in half a cup of your favorite rice. Wild would pair nicely.
- Two cans of cream of chicken soup
- Frozen vegetables (peas, green beans, and carrots)
- 2 tablespoons of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 lb of chicken cut up into small bites
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- pinch of salt
- store-bought biscuits (I used Pillsbury)
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Low for 4-6.
- Follow cooking instructions on your store-bought biscuits.
- Once biscuits have cooled slightly, use a teaspoon scoop out the biscuit creating a small hole.
- Spoon in your pot pie mixture.
Cheers from my house to yours!