My number one fast-food guilty pleasure, the McChicken, inspired this recipe. How glorious and simple that sandwich is and coming in at only a dollar! It is a great excuse to get 2!
I have made my health a priority, so my McChicken indulgences are less frequent than they were in my earlier twenties. I do not know if I could 100% give them up, but everything in moderation right.
After having a deep craving for one of these sandwiches one evening, I came up with a healthier spicy-sweet version of my favorite fatty meal. At home, my boyfriend will refer to these as McJens! I kept it simple, grilled the chicken, and added my spin with spices and honey. And while these would go awesome with a side of sweet potato fries, I usually whip up a good side salad to keep it fresh.
This sandwich would also go great with provolone, grilled onion, peppers, or even a bacon strip if you are less concerned with fat content. Let your favorite cravings mix and match
- 2 chicken breasts
- garlic salt
- 2 Kaiser rolls
- onion slices
- light mayonnaise
- iceberg lettuce
- Heat your grill. I use an indoor grill/griddle at medium,m/high heat.
- Season your chicken breasts with paprika, garlic salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne.
- Grill chicken until it is white throughout. Remove and set aside to rest.
- While the grill is still hot, toast your kaiser roll buns until light brown.
- Remove the buns and add light mayo, and honey to each bun.
- Stack the onion, lettuce, and tomato, and chicken.
Enjoy! Fast food at home!