I’ve been stuck at home during COVID-19 quarantine and like most people, been stuffing my face full of comfort food. Pizza rolls….haven’t had them since high school but here I am heating them up for dinner. Enough is enough I told myself. I need to get back to real food and start living healthy again. With a bunch of random items I found in the pantry this is what I came up with.
This is southwest meets the Midwest. Mostly healthy but still has the comfort of good ole ranch. Baby steps
- black beans
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- Mexican cheese
- Cook a cup of quinoa.
- Drain a can of black beans and add to the cooked quinoa mixture and set aside.
- Dice your red pepper and onions.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ranch with a 1/4 teaspoon of Sriracha. Add more if you like the spice. Spread over tortilla
- Add a spoonful of black bean and quinoa mixture.
- Add arugula, onion, peppers and cheese.
- Optional-Add additional specs of sriracha for a kick