Currently my days are spent working from home and sheltering in place. I am trying to minimize the trips to the grocery store, so I am being more creative in the kitchen with everything I currently have on hand. This was a complete science experiment that turned out awesome!
I was inspired to create a Chipotle style rice bowl, but without your usual southwest ingredients, lime, or even many fresh veggies on hand. Its a little sweet and a little spicy. I hope everyone is staying in and spending their time cooking during the pandemic and I challenge you to create your own recipe experiment.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and cook something good!
- 1 lb of chicken tenders
- olive oil
- Chili seasoning packet
- garlic powder
- 1 cut up onion
- quinoa or rice
- romaine lettuce
- Heat you cast iron skillet on Medium and add a teaspoon of olive oil
- While your skillet is heating up season your chicken generously with chili seasoning, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place the seasoned chicken into the pan. Stir occasionally to make sure all sides are cooked.
- Midway through cooking drizzle a small amount of honey over top to add a bit of sweetness.
- When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, add the cut up onions. Place a lid over top and reduce heat for 15 minutes or until onions are sweating.
- Add quinoa and shredded lettuce to a bowl.